[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4761: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Reality Game Forums | Survivor, Big Brother, Reality TV Show Online Games • View topic - PDC likes Gymnastics & Competitive Dance

PDC likes Gymnastics & Competitive Dance

General Discussion not related to Reality TV

PDC likes Gymnastics & Competitive Dance

Postby PDC » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:40:09 am

This is gonna be my thread to spam whenever there are gymnastics events I am watching or dance stuff too. icon_wub icon_wub icon_wub I get excited about it and nobody ever cares enough to deal with it over skype/aim icon_cry icon_cry icon_cry so I get a thread instead for the casual reader <3

xoxo

What I'm watching now:

And finding out the Katelyn Ohashi (who was the #2 junior (under 15yo) in the US behind Simone Biles back when the 2012 Olympics was on) has retired from elite gymnastics due to back/shoulder injury is devastating icon_cry

Kyla Ross was barely 16 at the 2012 Olympics and was kind of the "5th wheel" in London though she is known for her strength on the balance beam in particular. She's the only one of that team (Mckayla Maroney still dominates the vault though) who really competes as an all-around contender anymore as she's aiming to make the Rio team as well. <3 Good luck KyKy icon_wub
PDC
Verified Account
Verified Account

Re: PDC likes Gymnastics & Competitive Dance

Postby Voltage » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:58:07 pm

Voltage
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby shadow0knight » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:16:02 pm

I used to be in Competition Dance. I danced hip-hop, tap, and a little bit of Jazz, but I'm more of a Tap Dancer/Hip-Hop Dancer. It's been like since 7th Grade when I last competed in a Dance Competition.

My favorite memory was actually performing at Disneyland. If you want, I can show some pictures of my dances, but that will depend if you're all okay with that.
shadow0knight
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby PDC » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:01:07 pm

DO ITTTT <3

I did competitive dance until I was 11 - won a state championship in ballet and everything. I don't think I have photos of that but I have tons of my "award badges" =] Ofc when I was 11 I thought ballet was boring so quit. I was a dumb kid :P
PDC
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby shadow0knight » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:16:32 pm

Well I'll post my old dance pics and I'll hopefully even find videos of my dances....

But for now I'll give you the picture of the dance studio where I danced (also in my 2nd year comp. dance, I was basically the only guy out of like 35 dancers on the team)

I'll post more later....
shadow0knight
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby TheOneSurvivor » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:16:44 pm

I dance Hip-Hop, but not competitively.
TheOneSurvivor
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby trojansoldier » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:11:50 am

trojansoldier
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby PDC » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:45:12 am

I feel bad but I cracked up when a bunch of high school kids started doing hip hop in rubbish bags icon_lol
PDC
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby TheOneSurvivor » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:00:56 pm

I'm in this video icon_surprised

This is the only competition I ever competed in and I'm not a part of this crew, they needed a few extra dancers and I'm really good friends with most of them.

This competition is basically the olympics of Hip Hop Dance where Dance Crews from all over the world come to compete. There's 4 different Divisions:

Junior Division (Ages 7-12)
Varsity Division (Ages 13-18)
Adult Division (Ages 19+)
MegaCrew Division (Crews with 12-40 Members)

We competed in the MegaCrew division (obviously) and ended up getting the Silver Medal in the USA Championships and the Silver Medal in the World Championships. It was honestly the greatest feeling I've ever had, and one of the greatest experiences of my life because you get to compete with Crews from all over the world and even though you're competing everyone unites due to their love of Hip Hop Dance.
TheOneSurvivor
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby trojansoldier » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:30:41 pm

fuck me that was dead impressive.... I can't imagine what the crew that won gold needed to bring to top that because maaaaaan - that shit was on point
trojansoldier
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby PDC » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:04:33 pm

my exposure to hip hop dance (aside from movies like You Got Served, naturally)
PDC
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby shadow0knight » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:18:49 am

Sadly I can't find some videos of my competitive dances from 2004-2006 so I just had to rely on some casual dance that was basically for fun in 2010 (hence why there were little kids in this routine, so if it looks a bit chompy, remember it's not supposed to be competitive)

I'm the one in the green shirt and the plaid shorts.

I'm in the following songs: "Teenage Dream", "Me, Myself, and I", and "Rock that Body" If you still can't find me, I'll tell you more details lol

ps. I retired from competitive dancing like that same year (2010) due to my old dance studio closing down and a new one showed up, but doesn't feel the same anymore icon_cry
shadow0knight
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby PDC » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:43:17 am

how old are you??? I was looking for a guy and it wasn't until Me, Myself & I that I realised what looked like a kid of 12yo must be you. waaaaaaaaaaaat.

aww & the cute kids tho
PDC
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby shadow0knight » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:11:00 am

Well I'm currently 21, but that video was like back in 2010, so I was like 17 years old that time.....and yes I'm short back then, might be a bit taller now.
shadow0knight
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby PDC » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:12:43 am

maybe the camera is just weird idk icon_lol you're not even much younger than me!
PDC
Verified Account
Verified Account

Next

Return to Off Topic