[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4761: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Reality Game Forums | Survivor, Big Brother, Reality TV Show Online Games • View topic - RGF Survivor All-Stars: A Ranking Game

RGF Survivor All-Stars: A Ranking Game

General Discussion not related to Reality TV

RGF Survivor All-Stars: A Ranking Game

Postby gerbil_george » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:56:04 pm

I've wanted to do a ranking for a little while, but I don't have a whole lot of game experience yet and I don't really do well with remembering events that occur in games in detail so there's not much I'd be able to do in terms of write-ups, so I thought of a new idea. A Survivor cast ranking with a twist.

This will be a ranking more than anything, but it's also a game that everyone can participate in. You will decide the cast, the outcomes, and even the write ups to an extent (I'll get to that later though) I will simply provide the updates and the format for the game.

Here's how this is going to work. We're going to fantasy cast Survivor All-Stars 2. I need you to provide me a ranking of your top 10 male and female choices of Survivor contestants that you would like to be in the ranking/game. Your choices can be based on any criteria you want. Whether that's just how much you like the contestants or how high you value their gameplay. That is entirely up to you. Just come up with your lists and PM them to me over the next few days. I'm thinking I'll stop accepting lists around next Tuesday about this time. Order your lists 1-10 for both males and females in order of how much you want them in the ranking/game. i.e. 1 being your least favorite and 10 being your most favorite.

The lists will be collected and points will be given to contestants based on placement. The players with the highest amount of points will be added to the cast and then the real fun can begin.

Once the game is cast it will play out like Survivor. The cast will be randomly divided up into tribes and each round you will vote on which tribe wins immunity, essentially saving everyone on that tribe from being eliminated in the ranking. Then after a ranking of the losing tribe, the lowest ranked contestants will be up for elimination and you will have the opportunity to vote one of them out. More details on all that when we get to it. In addition, once the cast has been established, I want to get a ranking from everyone of the entire established cast. Where people put them on the overall ranking will be revealed as they are eliminated.

There are no limitations on which contestants you can pick for your lists. You can even choose from the current season, if you want.

I've got a few in mind, and I'm working on some other stuff, but there will be twists in this game. There will also be items. Maybe I'll figure out how to work a Hidden Immunity Idol in there

For now though, PM me your lists.

Disclaimer: I'll be adding my own list and the overall ranking, but when it comes to voting I'll only be the tiebreaker, if need be, and my tiebreaker vote will be predetermined to prevent bias.

[center]Memory Wall

Last edited by gerbil_george on Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:10:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.
gerbil_george
Verified Account
Verified Account

Re: RGF Survivor All-Stars: A Ranking Game

Postby trojansoldier » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:06:49 pm

ooooh!

This is interesting.
trojansoldier
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby gerbil_george » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:36:29 am

It should be noted that you can alter your lists as often as you want until the deadline.
gerbil_george
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby VeryCoolCat » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:47:11 am

VeryCoolCat
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby Doob » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:52:24 pm

This is suprisingly tough but I will send you a list to contribute, as I am interested.

Top men is way harder then women, and then I'm like trying to space them out through seasons and stuff just difficult around. And what constitutes an All Star, ik you said use w/e criteria just hard for me to fill in a few spots, like is Hayden REALLY an All star? IDK lol
Doob
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby gerbil_george » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:33:24 pm

If it makes it easier, just go with your top 10 favorites, regardless of season. Don't worry about spacing it out, since your list is only merging with others so all 10 of your picks might not make it to the cast anyway.
gerbil_george
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby Gigica123 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:50:30 pm

Oh ok this is an awesome idea <3

Expect a PM from me soon but i need time to figure out my ranking lol
Gigica123
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby trojansoldier » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:52:58 am

I'm gonna do this now ^_^
trojansoldier
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby PDC » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:37:57 am

when do you need a ranking by?
PDC
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby gerbil_george » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:35:46 pm

gerbil_george
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby nationpower » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:59:40 pm

Omg this is an amazing idea. <3 I want to make Edgic and voting charts!
nationpower
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby gerbil_george » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:03:14 pm

That'd be cool. I'll keep you in the loop voting-wise after each round so you can keep up with it.
gerbil_george
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby nationpower » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:08:35 pm

Cool! Just sent in my list.
nationpower
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby Voltage » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:28:59 pm

I think I sent the best list.
Voltage
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby gerbil_george » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:48:44 pm

About 24 hours left to get your lists in. At this point, I've received enough to start the game tomorrow, but I'd like to have more. If you've expressed interest in participating and haven't sent in a list, now is the time.
gerbil_george
Verified Account
Verified Account

Next

Return to Off Topic