[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4761: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Reality Game Forums | Survivor, Big Brother, Reality TV Show Online Games • View topic - Doctor Who

Doctor Who

Discussion about other Television Shows!

Doctor Who

Postby trojansoldier » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:38:53 pm

Season 8 is only 3 weeks away! The new Doctor people - get excited

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TivqZTq5u6Y
trojansoldier
Verified Account
Verified Account

Re: Doctor Who

Postby PDC » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:46:43 pm

omg excited ^_^
PDC
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby nationpower » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:54:28 pm

Tbh, if Matt Smith was still the Doctor I wouldn't be watching. I loved him, but the show definitely needed a change because the plots were becoming so convoluted and they started to lack meaning or substance. I haven't even watched the Christmas special because I heard it was terrible. Moffat still running the show is just depressing. But nonetheless, I'm interested to see how Capaldi does. Maybe I'll get interested in Doctor Who again!
nationpower
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby PDC » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:19:53 pm

PDC
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby nationpower » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:36:39 am

nationpower
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby PDC » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:07:22 am

I loved Rory as a character overall and Amy in season 5. I think Amy got way too self-absorbed and all the sympathy went to her for no good reason? When she finally at the end said she wanted to be with Rory than the doc it was magical tho, true.
PDC
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby trojansoldier » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:24:35 am

Wait - you haven't watched the Christmas special? OMG I cannot explain to you how poor a decision it is to NOT see that episode... Seriously, I loved it so much, the whole 50th anniversary run was easily one of my all-time favorite run of episodes of any tv show ever. I went and saw the 50th anniversary special in the cinema the day after my birthday last year and it was magical...

So excited about everything I'm hearing in regards to this new Doctor being a darker, more terrifying regeneration.. Looks like we'll almost definitely being seeing the last of Clara this season and maybe even only have this regeneration for one season as well? All in all, bring on August 23rd, I'm avoiding the leaked footage and scripts and ready to go on another adventure with the Doctor.
trojansoldier
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby nationpower » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:21:54 pm

I guess it was an episode that people either really loved or really hated. My friends kept saying that Moffat was trying to jam-pack it with too many villains and the plot was just too hard to follow. They thought it was uninteresting. But I suppose I'll see it before this new season begins.

It would be such a bummer to only have Capaldi for one season, I hope that's not true. :(
nationpower
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby trojansoldier » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:42:00 pm

Just saw the first episode of season 8. I'll come back and write my thoughts on it a bit later but it's safe to say I'm thrilled about this season...
trojansoldier
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby nationpower » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:05:25 pm

That's a good sign. I'll probably watch it tomorrow.
nationpower
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby PDC » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:38:05 pm

i'm a torrent it now
PDC
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby trojansoldier » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:48:19 pm

LOTS of things to love about that first episode.

trojansoldier
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby PDC » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:52:26 pm

omg i clicked that spoiler and then went OMFG NO and immediately closed it. that was lucky.
PDC
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby trojansoldier » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:03:06 pm

why would you even do that? lol

I didn't really give away any major plot spoilers but yeah, go in completely unspoiled and have your own emotional experience cos I'm interesting in hearing what other people felt about this one actually
trojansoldier
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby PDC » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:26:29 pm

it's a habit :P
PDC
Verified Account
Verified Account

Next

Return to Television Discussion