[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4761: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Reality Game Forums | Survivor, Big Brother, Reality TV Show Online Games • View topic - How I Met Your Mother

How I Met Your Mother

Discussion about other Television Shows!

How I Met Your Mother

Postby gerbil_george » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:53:16 pm

They released the official alternate ending that's supposed to be on the DVD set for the last season. While I've kind of gotten used to the original ending and how much effort and planning went into it ending that way, I think this ending is much better, personally. I saw a comment on it on Reddit that said "The whole point of this show early on was to be a comedic telling of a portion of a guy's life leading up to when he met his wife. It didn't need to have a dark ending." And I think that sums up my feelings on it pretty well.

Spoilers, obviously

gerbil_george
Verified Account
Verified Account

Re: How I Met Your Mother

Postby PDC » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:27:09 pm

FOX blocked it already icon_cry

summary?
PDC
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby gerbil_george » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:41:35 pm

Ugh, seriously? Stupid Fox. Ok, summary.

gerbil_george
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby gerbil_george » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:43:13 pm

Also,

gerbil_george
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby PDC » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:36:13 pm

That's like 100x better >.>
PDC
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby gerbil_george » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:12:40 pm

Apparently you can torrent it, but obviously I'm not advocating that *wink wink*
gerbil_george
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby gerbil_george » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:17:33 am

https://vimeo.com/105404677

Hopefully this one won't get taken down.
gerbil_george
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby Tracy » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:15:20 pm

I absolutely LOVED this show and was so sad to see it end, but so excited as well to see what the finale would be like. I couldn't help but feel, like everybody else, that it was so random and not satisfying at all. But this ending was great, and loved the flashbacks to the earlier episodes and the expected but great line of "and that kids, is how I met your mother."
Tracy
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby gerbil_george » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:53:20 pm

gerbil_george
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby TheOneSurvivor » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:21:38 pm

Gerbil I would tell you the story of How I Met Your Mother, but it's for Adults only, so sorry...
TheOneSurvivor
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby trojansoldier » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:16:27 am

I really tried to care about this show - like, it seemed like something that would be right up my alley, but I just.... couldn't? That being said, this new ending is SO obv what they should have gone with rather than trying to pull that lame shit they tried...
trojansoldier
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby albert2006xp » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:19:22 am

This is a great apology, but it won't make me unsee the original. My mind is forever scarred after that year long emotional bait and switch.
albert2006xp
Accomplished Host

Return to Television Discussion