[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4761: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Reality Game Forums | Survivor, Big Brother, Reality TV Show Online Games • View topic - This Is The End

This Is The End

Discussion relating to games or this site in general (ex: ranking threads, game ideas, etc)

Re: This Is The End

Postby trojansoldier » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:44:39 am

*wins one game*

*peace out losers*

Thanks for the advice though.
trojansoldier
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby nationpower » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:09:19 am

So I will never win a game in my life, and I have a few things I want to say‬. To my fellow ORGers, please read:

Let me begin by saying that in no way do I regret ever participating in ORGs. I have been blessed with the opportunity to self-evaluate, compete, form relationships, and the list goes on and on. However, as my last adventure finished up last night, I realized something that is extremely important for me to share with whoever is willing to understand. Just like anyone else, I have people in games who are my favorites and the villains I despise, however, as a participant in these said games, I have come to realize that these characters are just that, characters. These one-dimensional portrayals of personality do not begin to elucidate the brilliance, truth and dynamicity of the person behind the personality. Now, this is not to say that everyone is at heart a great person with positive intention, however, stripped from the pressures of this public forum, the people you see, the stuff you read, these are not the people that I have come to know at the core of their true selves, nor the representations that I will choose to remember as defining our relationship. Despite the level of confidence I have reached in my professional, academic and personal life, there is something to be said for the debilitating insecurity, hypersensitivity and defensiveness that is brought upon by participating in such an invasive and unrealistic setting, like ORGs.

My fellow ORGers, whether consciously or not, are forced into a position of constantly trying to prove themselves to one another and to the unspoken audience in order to uphold a certain sense of character. We spend so much time defending our personhood, that we lose sense of our true personalities. We become hypersensitive to interpersonal criticisms and so much so that we become misconstrued representations of our own selves. So to my fellow ‪ORGers‬, despite any relationship we may have had in the past, I want to wish you all well and successes. I hope that we can all come to shed the insecurities associated with this experiment, and come to realize that we still have so much in our young lives. Please stop working so incredibly hard to defend this caricature of who you are, and recognize how truly unprecedented you are.

So, without further ado, this is nationpower, signing off for good. It's been fun.
nationpower
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby nationpower » Sat May 09, 2015 6:18:53 pm

So I finally won a game, and I have a few things I want to say‬. To my fellow ORGers, please read:

Let me begin by saying that in no way do I regret ever participating in ORGs. I have been blessed with the opportunity to self-evaluate, compete, form relationships, and the list goes on and on. However, as my last adventure finished up last night, I realized something that is extremely important for me to share with whoever is willing to understand. Just like anyone else, I have people in games who are my favorites and the villains I despise, however, as a participant in these said games, I have come to realize that these characters are just that, characters. These one-dimensional portrayals of personality do not begin to elucidate the brilliance, truth and dynamicity of the person behind the personality. Now, this is not to say that everyone is at heart a great person with positive intention, however, stripped from the pressures of this public forum, the people you see, the stuff you read, these are not the people that I have come to know at the core of their true selves, nor the representations that I will choose to remember as defining our relationship. Despite the level of confidence I have reached in my professional, academic and personal life, there is something to be said for the debilitating insecurity, hypersensitivity and defensiveness that is brought upon by participating in such an invasive and unrealistic setting, like ORGs.

My fellow ORGers, whether consciously or not, are forced into a position of constantly trying to prove themselves to one another and to the unspoken audience in order to uphold a certain sense of character. We spend so much time defending our personhood, that we lose sense of our true personalities. We become hypersensitive to interpersonal criticisms and so much so that we become misconstrued representations of our own selves. So to my fellow ‪ORGers‬, despite any relationship we may have had in the past, I want to wish you all well and successes. I hope that we can all come to shed the insecurities associated with this experiment, and come to realize that we still have so much in our young lives. Please stop working so incredibly hard to defend this caricature of who you are, and recognize how truly unprecedented you are.

So, without further ado, this is nationpower, signing off for good. It's been fun.
nationpower
Verified Account
Verified Account

Previous

Return to General Discussion