[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4761: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Reality Game Forums | Survivor, Big Brother, Reality TV Show Online Games • View topic - Rankings

Rankings

Season 30 of Survivor Discussion

Re: Rankings

Postby nationpower » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:45:55 am

I can't tell what direction your ranking goes in but I'm guessing bottom is better?
nationpower
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby Duck » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:40:07 am

lolno
Duck
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby nationpower » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:20:18 pm

Oh. Yikes.
nationpower
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby Duck » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:08:13 pm

EPISODE 4
JENN
SIERRA
HALI
JOAQUIN
JOE
TYLER
KELLY
WILL
MAX
MIKE
RODNEY
CAROLYN
DAN
LINDSEY
SHIRIN

and

EPISODE 5
SIERRA
JENN
HALI
JOAQUIN
TYLER
JOE
KELLY
MIKE
RODNEY
MAX
WILL
DAN
CAROLYN
SHIRIN
Duck
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby Mypoody » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:53:51 am

wtf... Carolyn#1
Mypoody
Site Admin

Postby nationpower » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:20:11 pm

Pregame:

18. Joe
17. Tyler
16. Hali
15. Mike
14. Joaquin
13. Sierra

12. Will
11. Max
10. Rodney
9. Lindsey
8. Nina

7. So
6. Carolyn
5. Jenn
4. Kelly

3. Vince
2. Dan
1. Shirin

Episode 1:

18. Rodney
17. Hali
16. Tyler
15. Joaquin

14. Max
13. Will
12. Joe
11. Sierra
10. Lindsey
9. Mike

8. So
7. Kelly
6. Nina
5. Dan

4. Vince
3. Jenn
2. Shirin
1. Carolyn

Episode 2:

17. Rodney
16. Tyler
15. Joaquin

14. Max
13. Sierra
12. Kelly

11. Hali
10. Joe
9. Will
8. Lindsey
7. Mike

6. Dan
5. Jenn
4. Vince
3. Nina
2. Shirin
1. Carolyn

Episode 3:

16. Rodney
15. Joaquin
14. Tyler
13. Sierra

12. Max
11. Kelly
10. Joe

9. Will
8. Hali
7. Dan

6. Lindsey
5. Jenn
4. Mike
3. Shirin
2. Nina
1. Carolyn

Episode 4/5:

15. Rodney (Fuck you, asshole! Even Probst thinks you're problematic. Nice job getting owned by Lindsey.)
14. Tyler (Snore.)
13. Joaquin (Still boring but has laughable douche potential ala the Four Horsemen.)
12. Dan (Okay yeah that whole "I know how to talk to women" bullshit was annoying. Thank god Sierra shut him down and he was edited to be an idiot. If he continues to be awful he'll be dropped even lower. But I did like when he sat Sierra down and was like "Here, let me alienate you even further by pointing out your flaws for no reason.")
11. Max ("Hold up, bro... Sorry, I just always wanted to say that icon_troll" is a Bottom 3 moment in the past 4 seasons. Anything Phillip ever did still tops it (bottoms it?), but it was still cringe-worthy as fuck. Thank god Jeff didn't feed into him, and he wasn't taken seriously by like, anyone lol. Maybe if I ever re-watch the season I'll be able to appreciate him knowing he was voted out early? Idk. But here's the thing. He thought (or maybe the producers did) that his superfandom would be a good substitute for an actual personality. But it wasn't. At all. Hell, even Cochran had various neuroses and insecurities and an underdog storyline piled on top of his Survivor nerdiness. Shirin has her social ineptitude. But Max had... nothing else to give. And he was just awkward to watch, and not in the fun way.)

10. Joe (Did nothing these episodes but he is still okay. I forgot which swapped tribe he was on lol oops.)
9. Mike (Sorry Mike, but I can't excuse the role you played in supporting Rodney as well as partaking in "How to Talk to Women: A Condescending Misogynist's Guide". He also didn't really do anything this episode but he was present.)
8. Shirin (Her fat joke about Will was not funny and just downright rude for no reason. So that turned me off to her a little bit. But I do like that she survived (I thought Max was being set up as the one from the pair to go far), and I like how she continues to annoy everyone she comes into contact with with her obnoxiousness. Randomly "singing" the Star-Spangled Banner, which nobody asked for. <3)
7. Will (He's nice!)

6. Kelly (She's a badass, even if she is a little boring. <3 I love her random undercover cop analogies like the crackhouse one, and fighting through that injury. Sporting that forehead band-aid. <3 Disappointed that she sided with the guys but I'm glad she at least lashed out at Rodney at Tribal. I honestly want her to make the family visit so I can see what her girlfriend is like.)
5. Sierra (I am so here for her breakout underdog arc, and I love the role she played in the Rodney/Lindsey "That mentality sucks" fight. The scene of her bitching to Joaquin, Joe, and Tyler about the Escameca guys was hilarious. And then who could forget her not accepting Dan's faker-than-faux-fur apology? <3 GET JUSTICE FOR LINDSEY.)
4. Hali (I missed the first couple minutes, but apparently she said something rude about Nina? Whatever, I don't care. She's great. I loved her being so damn upset about Max's warty feet. <3 She doesn't seem like the kind of player who would get airtime in modern Survivor, but she's been getting it and I love what I'm seeing.)

3. Carolyn (All my Top Three can be interchangeable, really. But Carolyn continues to amaze. <3 I love her being so anti-Shirin and Max, and how vocal she is. Her eyeroll after Max's camera-whoring was fantastic. Accusing the boys of having a bromance was hilarious. I want her to get into a fight with Shirin next episode--the aftermath of that Tribal has the potential to be really interesting.)
2. Jenn (KIMMI 2.0 <33333 FINDING THE IDOL BECAUSE SHE DIDN'T WANT TO EAT CHICKEN <33333 She's seriously a great narrator. Not yet on the level of Courtney Yates as some people have been suggesting (Yates is god-tier, Jenn is still mortal), but she's still good. People keep calling her sour and gloomy or whatever but um did you not see her surfing with Hali last episode? She's so much fun.)
1. Lindsey (Felt really compelled to put her as my #1 because she was SO righteous slaying Rodney's misogynist bullshit. We really don't see too many arguments about that on Survivor and I'm surprised, but I'm glad that she so rightfully called him out instead of letting it go. And she brought it up again at Tribal, too. <33333 Ugh @ her leaving, though.)

I love this season so fucking much, and I honestly think it's the first season in like forever in which I would be okay with the men being completely slaughtered. Maybe not forever because of One World, but I didn't care as much about that season as I do this one. The women are dominating this ranking and the show. The only two people to find idols so far being women is so refreshing. <3
Last edited by nationpower on Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:59:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
nationpower
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby gerbil_george » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:15:05 pm

Rodney is a tool of epic proportions, but I actually find myself entertained by some of his antics just because he's such a caricature. Like, he doesn't even seem like a real person.

I thought Max's "hold up, bro" moment was pretty great, not because the act itself was great, but because of Probst's reaction to it and the blindside that immediately followed.

I'm totally with you on how annoying Dan is. I did not anticipate how bad it'd be. Every time he opens his mouth it's like he's just begging for camera time (which I'm like 90% sure is exactly what he's doing)
gerbil_george
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby nationpower » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:00:02 am

nationpower
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby gerbil_george » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:55:22 pm

I see Dan as more like Phillip than Rodney, since they both are/wereclearly just trying to get screen time. I'd say Rodney is more like Robb Zbacnik.
gerbil_george
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby VeryCoolCat » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:39:36 pm

13.Dan
12.Boston Rod
11.Kelly
10.Hail
9.Sierra
8.Joaquin
7.Mike
6.Tyler
5.Shirin
4.Jenn
3.Will
2.Joe
1.Carolyn
VeryCoolCat
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby nationpower » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:57:00 pm

Hail <3
nationpower
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby VeryCoolCat » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:04:11 pm

I still don't get the hail love RIGHT NOW
i mean i can see why people like her but everyone is calling her as winner and she's not on my squad rn so carolyn has to win
or joe
or sierra
but hopefully carolyn
VeryCoolCat
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby nationpower » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:59:44 pm

Pregame:

18. Joe
17. Tyler
16. Hali
15. Mike
14. Joaquin
13. Sierra

12. Will
11. Max
10. Rodney
9. Lindsey
8. Nina

7. So
6. Carolyn
5. Jenn
4. Kelly

3. Vince
2. Dan
1. Shirin

Episode 1:

18. Rodney
17. Hali
16. Tyler
15. Joaquin

14. Max
13. Will
12. Joe
11. Sierra
10. Lindsey
9. Mike

8. So
7. Kelly
6. Nina
5. Dan

4. Vince
3. Jenn
2. Shirin
1. Carolyn

Episode 2:

17. Rodney
16. Tyler
15. Joaquin

14. Max
13. Sierra
12. Kelly

11. Hali
10. Joe
9. Will
8. Lindsey
7. Mike

6. Dan
5. Jenn
4. Vince
3. Nina
2. Shirin
1. Carolyn

Episode 3:

16. Rodney
15. Joaquin
14. Tyler
13. Sierra

12. Max
11. Kelly
10. Joe

9. Will
8. Hali
7. Dan

6. Lindsey
5. Jenn
4. Mike
3. Shirin
2. Nina
1. Carolyn

Episode 4/5:

15. Rodney
14. Tyler
13. Joaquin
12. Dan
11. Max

10. Joe
9. Mike
8. Shirin
7. Will

6. Kelly
5. Sierra
4. Hali

3. Carolyn
2. Jenn
1. Lindsey

Episode 6:

13. Rodney (He continues to be unbearable in terms of airtime and personality, but I did manage to laugh at his failure of a bromance with Joaquin and how douchey they were about the whole thing, verging on homoerotic. The best thing about it was their synchronized arm-swinging that only meatheads do when they get uncomfortable talking about their feelings. icon_laughing)
12. Tyler (Oh my god, he's so boring. He definitely isn't the blandly CP competent guy we all thought he'd be, but he's still bland.)
11. Dan (Managed to be a bit less unbearable this episode, and I liked him saying to Mike and Joe "I groveled to Sierra so much. I don't know what more I can do" but then acknowledging to the camera that he fucked up. Still, he continues to be a camera-hog in the worst way possible with his reactions to things. "YEAH, BABY!!!" "ABSO-LUTE-LY!" No shut up.)

10. Joaquin (His journey seems kind of enigmatic, and I really don't know how to feel about it. He wasn't exactly the MORNdouche early boot we all expected him to be, but he was still kind of douchey. I'm very glad he left early to keep in some people who are much better than him, but overall he didn't add too much to the story itself. I guess I can appreciate parts of his story like being an outcast at the first vote, being trolled by Shirin while trying to look for the idol, his stupid bromance with Rodney, etc.)
9. Joe (Still a nice guy! Did anyone actually think he would go home, though, considering he got almost zero airtime besides SPV and a confessional this episode, and zero airtime for episodes 4/5 as well?)
8. Will (Still a nice guy! Didn't do anything this episode. Interested to see whether he'll stick with No Collar as a fourth, or look for alternative options.)

7. Shirin (I really appreciated that the editors gave her more depth this episode as opposed to the last couple, where she was basically a caricature. She was pretty much all of Nagarote's screentime, but I didn't mind it too much because it gave her more depth. Shirin being bullied </3 Oh, and taking down Dalton Ross on twitter was fucking awesome.)
6. Kelly (I loved her being so BAFFLED by Mike at the challenge, and almost single-handedly ruining it for him (ala Denise Martin) by being fucking awful at memory challenges. <3)
5. Mike (Again, that challenge sequence cracked me up, and I appreciate him for turning on Rodney. I feel like Mike has multiple-personality disorder, mainly because of him switching back and forth between a high-pitched gravelly voice, and a deeper-pitched gravelly voice. It would also explain the contrast between his lizard-and-snake-eating doofy persona, his wood-gathering commandeering persona, and his decent-at-strategy persona.)
4. Hali (Being Shirin's guardian angel. <3)

3. Sierra (Upset that her anti-Blue collar men alliance didn't work out, but I'm pleasantly surprised that she still managed to survive while being the obvious swing vote who hated her former tribe members. The Blue Collar men could have easily been like "She doesn't trust us. Let's get rid of her" but thank goodness they didn't! "I hate Dan." <3 Can she continue to wreak havoc at the merge? Let us pray.)
2. Jenn (Her random confessional about how the chances of a baby turtle surviving are less than the chances of her winning the million. <333 #GivesMeHope! "So, that's cool.")
1. Carolyn ("I can even tolerate Shirin now." <3 So glad she made the merge! Please dominate!)

I have no idea how these merge dynamics are going to work out! We have potential outcasts in Sierra, Rodney, Shirin, and even Will, Tyler and Carolyn to an extent. They could be roped in by anyone. This is why I love the three-tribe dynamic and I'm so glad modern Survivor has continued to implement it. Should be very interesting to see how things work out, especially with this cast! I want tears, I want backstabs, I want dramatic arguments. This season better not fizzle out.

Oh, and I'm not liking the fact that the preview was all about Rodney but maybe it'll be some kind of Sarah-or-Roger-esque dancing-on-their-grave type merge boot edit? One can only hope.
nationpower
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby TheOneSurvivor » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:00:51 pm

Carolyn did jack shit this episode...
TheOneSurvivor
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby nationpower » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:20:56 pm

But I love her overall more than anyone else. :)
nationpower
Verified Account
Verified Account

PreviousNext

Return to Survivor: Worlds Apart