WWF >>>>> WWE

Discussion about other Television Shows!

Re: WWF >>>>> WWE

Postby Raptor » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:09:46 pm

I stopped watching when Edge retired. (For the most part) - I still watch it from time to time but most of the time I just catch myself fast forwarding through it because it is sucking lately, it's like they have the same script for Raw every week - "Authority opens, insert Cena or Ambrose, tag team matches with 6 or more people, handicap matches, intervene in the last match, GG"

I miss the old days.
Raptor
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby dancecab » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:37:33 pm

I have come to the point where I fast foreward Raw until segments with Cesaro, Ambrose, Paige or Rollins (used to be DBRY and PUNK but well they are kinda MIA at the moment and used to be Ziggler but I honestly just dont care about him anymore) but that's if I even feel like watching it. Nothing else is even remotely interesting. NXT i've been watching on and off. The only weekly wrestling I'm consistantly watching right now is ROH. I don't feel the "OHHH I HAVE TO SEE" this right now. The storylines are pretty stale right now. Although I always find things are pretty stale right after Wrestlemania and right after Summerslam. Things should pick up by Rumble. I have the Network so NXT and PPVs are the only things that are really absorbing my attention.

Their TV is just sooo meh right now, but that's the problem when you are forced to write 5 hours of television every week (considering NXT is written by a different team and Main Event/Superstars are ignored completely). There is only soo much you can make interesting. Honestly their TV needs to be cut down at this point back to 2 hours. HELL I'd love it if Raw and Smackdown where only an hour. I just can't bring myself to watch 3 hours of WWE every week let alone 5 hours if you include Smackdown. I'd much rather watch 1 hour of ROH every week and the odd NJPW PPV. IT's more entertaining for me.
dancecab
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby Duck » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:36:24 pm

If there is any Superstar worth watching right now, it has to be Damien Mizdow (and The Miz) because they are hilarious! Crowds cheer for Mizdow, he may end up getting the US Title if this keeps up!
Duck
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby dancecab » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:11:01 pm

Part of me wants to change my name from dancecab to Prince Pretty.
dancecab
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby Duck » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:13:44 am

Anyone watch HIAC? Thoughts?

Watching RAw atm.
Duck
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby TheOneSurvivor » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:39:57 am

The real Ryback is back!
TheOneSurvivor
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby Duck » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:55:45 am

FEED. ME. MORE!
Duck
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby dancecab » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:08:51 am

Am I the only one who didn't hate the way Hell in a Cell ended?
dancecab
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby Duck » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:45:44 am

I didn't hate it either.

Don't get sucked in by the IWC who are ultra negative on everything that ever happens in WWE.
Duck
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby Duck » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:50:04 am

To clarify why I didn't hate it...

Wyatt had to come back soon. The vignettes would have been pointless and he's been off the roster for far too long not to be involved.

It shows us a clear path and direction for both Wyatt and Ambrose moving forward. Both are very new to the singles scene. Wyatt needs a lift after being buried by SuperCena and Ambrose is coming into his own as a fan favourite (only seen as face/heel depending on who he is feuding with)

It doesn't hurt Seth Rollins at all, the man holding MITB meaning eventually he HAS to be in the main event picture and fighting for the top title. This, I believe will be at Wrestlemania if the rumours of Reigns defeating Lensar are true. Allows Lensar to leave and puts Reigns and Rollins on a collision course for each other which is no doubt being looked to after the success of Rollins v Ambrose.

It also hasn't really hurt Dean Ambrose. He didn't exactly lose by being the worse performer on the night but for reasons not under his control meaning he is fine to move forward with the same momentum he had coming into HIAC.
Duck
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby TheOneSurvivor » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:10:05 pm

I love that the old Ryback is back, but it feels like the only reason he was given a push again out of nowhere is cause Reigns & Bryan are both out and they need someone to get extremely over with the fans. Apparently Reigns is returning in December so I'm worried that once he returns that Ryback will go back to being a jobber.

Speaking of Bryan, I'm really worried for his career. He had to get another surgery in October so his return will probably be delayed until after WrestleMania. That sucks.

I'm assuming Sheamus's "injury" is just a kayfabe, but I still don't understand the reason for doing that. Either way, here's hoping he returns heel, cause heel Sheamus is the best Sheamus IMO.

Rowan & Harper drifting away from Wyatt, despite making no sense at all, is something I'm enjoying just do to the sole fact that they're getting their chance to shine in the spotlight now. I hope after Survivor Series they start a rivalry.

And this Big E/Kofi/Xavier Woods stable that they're doing better be heel. Otherwise it's going to flop.

Oh, and the WWE Universe seriously needs to fucking cool it with the CM Punk chants. He's never coming back.
TheOneSurvivor
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby Duck » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:10:15 am

THE BIG GUY!

Always been a Ryback fan. Looks like they want him back at main event status like he was during his first push coming up against CM Punk.

I think the SHeamus thing is more they couldn't use him in the Main Event with so many other stories in there:

Cena v Authority (Kane/Rollins)
DZ v Authority (Kane/Rollins)
Big Show v Mark Henry
Erick Rowan v Luke Harper who got the IC title thanks to the Authority
Ryback is THE BIG GUY
Rusev gets his US Title thanks to the Authority

I still want Team Authority to win but I can see Team Cena winning and going back to GMs.

Who do you kick out for Sheamus? Rowan? But then that leaves him in no mans land in his singles career, not a good start at all.

Isn't Daniel Bryan trying to avoid as much surgery as possible? He's a real hippie type of person which in this scenario, his career choice and all that is ridiculous. He needs to be healthy as quickly as possible. Avoiding surgery isn't going to do that.

Reigns back around TLC, Bad News Barrett will be in the Rumble. Who else is currently out? Swagger seems to have gone unnoticed? He'll be back after Survivor Series. He was fodder for the "Authority is killing Team Cena" storyline.

The New Day has been hyped up online for months now, more calling them New Nation, Speed Force and all other stupid names. About time Kofi was back on tv, He's an entertainer.

Anyone else find the Brie as AJ and AJ as Nikki a lot hotter than maybe it should have been? Neither on their own is top shelf but AJ in the Nikki get up was pretty damn hot.
Duck
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby Duck » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:43:03 am

MIZ AND MIZDOW!

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS!
Duck
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby Duck » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:51:37 am

Duck
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby TheOneSurvivor » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:33:03 am

CM Punk went on Colt Cabana"s podcast and talked about his WWE departure. A lot of interesting stuff:

- He didn't quit, he was suspended and then was fired on his wedding day.
- Ryback was unsafe, broke his ribs with a kick.
- He didn't want to turn heel because of the merch money he was losing, had he not turned heel than he would have dropped the belt to heel Daniel Bryan who would have jobbed to the Rock.
- He said Orton vs Batista was stupid Wrestlemania Main Event that nobody wanted.
- HHH killed his push, beat him and left, and that was a huge issue for him jobbing to HHH, Rock, Taker, and Lesnar only to have all the guys not show up at Raw the next day.
- He had a concussion, they didn't treat it.
- He was always asked to come back from injuries to quickly.
- Vince kept making promises and never paid them back.
- They asked him to take a drug test....He said when HHH takes one first 
- If he was a main eventer than he should have been paid like one (Lesnar, HHH, Cena, Undertaker)
- That Rock didn't draw...Wrestlemania drew and Miz/R-Truth took the blame for Rock not drawing for their Survivor Series match.
- When he was suspended they refused to reissue a merch check he was owed
- They tried to get him to sign a gag order with their settlement
- He had a staph infection which he was working with for months and the WWE doctors refused to properly treat, he was better a day after seeing AJ Lee's doctor.  Had he not been suspended and blew up at Vince and HHH he may have been dead before Wrestlemania.
TheOneSurvivor
Verified Account
Verified Account

PreviousNext

Return to Television Discussion