[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4761: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Reality Game Forums | Survivor, Big Brother, Reality TV Show Online Games • View topic - Survivor: San Juan Del Sur

Survivor: San Juan Del Sur

Discussion about other Television Shows!

Re: Survivor: San Juan Del Sur

Postby Duck » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:18:00 pm

Duck
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby PDC » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:22:36 pm

PDC
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby TheOneSurvivor » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:12:38 am

Here's the thing though: Both Nadiya & Val said in their exit interviews with Gordon Holmes that John Rocker is a "good guy" and "nice".

I personally think we shouldn't be judging Rocker based on controversial comments he made over a DECADE ago.

I do believe he has changed, but as you can clearly see, he still has a temper. Everyone has a temper. Hell, if people started calling me out on stupid shit I said years and years ago, I would probably be pissed off too. I understand where he is coming from when he gets mad cause people never, ever gave him a chance to change. It's been 10-15 years since he made those comments and people still label him a bad guy and an asshole, even though they have no idea who he is or how he acts today in the present.

What I'm trying to say here is that Rocker gets pissed off because people still judge him based on comments he made years ago, and that irks him because he has changed and hates when people bring up his controversial past and immediately label him as something he's not.
TheOneSurvivor
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby PDC » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:56:47 am

That's fair enough but at the same time:

a) he's a washed up sportsman who is most well known for being an asshole - Survivor wants him on their show... I wonder why??? Ofc he knew that already.
b) if he doesn't want it to come back up, maybe he should think before he talks about being pissed off that he got beat by a girl?

It's unfortunate that by the sounds of it a few are actively using it against him - bringing it to the attention of everyone else who otherwise wouldn't ever have noticed - but that's kind of the risk you take when you live a life in the spotlight.
PDC
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby Duck » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:01:46 am

Duck
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby PDC » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:22:53 am

PDC
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby Duck » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:24:29 am

Perhaps my point wasn't effectively conveyed in that post? My apologies.
Duck
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby PDC » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:35:04 am

icon_lol
PDC
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby TheOneSurvivor » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:39:50 am

Um, I thought it was pretty clear in the episode that John was just fucking around when he said that.

icon_unsure
TheOneSurvivor
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby Doob » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:37:05 pm

I think its abhorant the amount of hate Rocker gets for comments he said in 1999, that was 15 years ago, think about something you said 15 years ago and would you really like that following you and defining you? Granted, he should have been smarter when speaking but I still won't hate the guy for it.

Plus, I mean, who really wants to sit on a train next to someone with AIDS?
Doob
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby TheOneSurvivor » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:01:46 pm

Well he said "Queer with AIDS" which is actually pretty bad, but ITA with you Doob
TheOneSurvivor
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby Duck » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:21:03 pm

Duck
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby Gigica123 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:26:58 pm

ya not gonna join in on the Rocker discussion except to say he's a dumb ass when it comes to the game. I mean Val said she had two idols and he believed her while HE had an actual idol too? alol

Jon/Jaclyn and Julie are my favs atm and im not even sure why cause they really aren't big characters. The edit this season is pretty horrendous so far. I don't like Baylor right now i just don't but i feel like that might change, her mom is sweet though <3
Gigica123
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby nationpower » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:53:29 am

nationpower
Verified Account
Verified Account

Postby TheOneSurvivor » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:09:55 pm

It wasn't random. Offensive, yes. But not random. He was insulting people that were insulting him and/or brining up his controversial baseball career that he clearly wants to forget about.

Like I said, he has a temper. I have one too. Every human being has a line that if anyone crosses, it will make them snap.
TheOneSurvivor
Verified Account
Verified Account

PreviousNext

Return to Television Discussion